Chicken Tenders with Chipotle Ranch
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
+ 1 1⁄2 C full-fat Greek yogurt
+ 1⁄4 C finely chopped chives
+ 1⁄4 C finely chopped parsley
+ 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill (or 2 tsp dried dill)
+ 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
+ 1 small garlic clove, minced
+ 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
+ 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
+ 1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper
+ Kosher salt
+ 1 1⁄2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
+ Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
+ 1 C all-purpose flour
+ 2 Tbsp onion powder
+ 1 Tbsp garlic powder
+ 2 tsp dried thyme
+ 2 tsp paprika
+ 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
+ 1 tsp black pepper
+ 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
+ 2 C panko breadcrumbs
+ Non-stick cooking spray
- For the dressing: Mix together the yogurt, chives, parsley, dill, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Season to taste with salt. Cover and set aside while you prepare the chicken.
- Prepare the chicken: Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into about 1 1/4-inch-wide strips (tenderloins should be the perfect size already). Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Mix together flour and seasonings in a large bowl. Dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Place on large plate.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk with 1 teaspoon of water. Put breadcrumbs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt and pepper; place baking dish to the right of the bowl with the egg mixture. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place to the right of the bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs, shake off any excess, and arrange pieces on baking sheet, leaving room between them. (Tip: Dip the chicken in the egg wash and place in bread crumbs with your left hand, then toss and remove the chicken from the breadcrumbs with your right hand.)
- Bake pieces until one side is beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Flip chicken pieces over and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown and crisp, another 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with chipotle ranch dressing.