Savory Spinach & Parmesan Oats
A nice mix of carbs, protein, and fats. This recipe for savory oats is one of my favorite go-to, post-workout meals!
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- Large handful of fresh spinach
- 1 or 2 eggs, prepared as desired (scrambled, poached, fried)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Grated Parmesan, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring ¾ cup water to a boil. Add steel cut oats, boil 2 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the water is absorbed and oats are soft.
- When oats are nearly cooked, prepare egg(s) as desired.
- Add cooked oats to the bowl; stir in spinach, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes, as desired. Top with egg(s), and avocado slices. Hot sauce optional!
By Sara Mattillion | MS, Nutrition & Dietetics