Strawberry & Spinach Salad
Spring is here and so are beautiful flowers, fresh greens, andÂ delicious fruits. Spinach and strawberries are a couple of thoseÂ spring delicacies. Spinach is rich in vitamins, minerals, andÂ antioxidants, and it is especially rich in iron. Strawberries areÂ also bursting with flavorful antioxidants and many vitamins; oneÂ of those abundant nutrients is vitamin C. Vitamin C plays anÂ essential role promoting healthy skin and hair. It is also crucialÂ in aiding iron absorption. Pairing vitamin C-rich strawberriesÂ with iron-abundant spinach is a great way to allow not only theirÂ flavors to blend into a delightful salad, but also the best way toÂ benefit from the nutrients in both.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves 4.
- 8 C fresh spinach
- 2 C fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh almonds
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C fig balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- After washing the spinach and chopping strawberries, put them in a bowl and add the chopped onion.
- In a jar, mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle Almonds on top and enjoy.